General Information and Absentee Voting Information

*** Voter ID is in Effect ***

Voters will need to show a photo ID to vote. If you need to register to vote or wish to request an absentee ballot by mail, please read the information below.

General Information

*Election Day is Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019*

Polling Place Location Poll

Dunn Town Hall - 4156 County Road B - McFarland, WI

Election Day Hours

7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

Election notices

Notices and facsimile ballots are posted in lieu of publishing (per WI Stats.985.05 (1)) at:

  1. Dunn Town Hall, 4156 County Road B
  2. Quick Stop, 1888 Barber Drive
  3. Message Board on the corner of Third Street and Waubesa Avenue

Recent changes that affect Voters

Voters must reside at their current address for 10 consecutive days prior to Election Day



Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot.  A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the ward or municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 10 consecutive days before the election.  The elector must also be registered to receive an absentee ballot.  Proof of identification with photo must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued, unless exempt.

You must make a request for an absentee ballot in writing:

 Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the primary or election or both.  You may also submit a written request in the form of a letter.  Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature.  You may make application for an absentee ballot by mail, email or in person.

 Making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail:

The deadline for making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail is 5 pm on the fifth day before the election.

*Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror.  If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk regarding deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.*

Voting an absentee ballot in person:

 You may also request and vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office during the days and hours specified below for casting an absentee ballot in person.


  • You may register to vote until the Friday before the election.
  • You may register online or in the Clerk's office and proof of residence must be provided.  The proof of residence must contain your name and current address.
  • You may also register on the day of the election with proof of residence.  Proof of residence must contain your name and current address.
  • Election officials shall accept proof of residence documents that contain a current and complete name and address:
    • A current and valid State of Wisconsin Driver License or State ID card
    • Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
    • Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
    • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
    • A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list, that indicates citizenship,  to the municipal clerk.
    • A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
    • Bank statement
    • Paycheck or paystub
    • A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
    • A letter on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual’s residence for voting purposes.
    • Residential lease that is effective on date of registration. (Not valid if registering by mail.
    • An intake document from a residential care facility such as a nursing home or assisted living facility.

This is not a comprehensive list, but categories of the most common types used by voters

For further information, you may visit the MyVote Website or call 1-866-VOTE-WIS