Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS
In an emergency call 911
Town of Dunn residents are served by Fire and EMS departments located in McFarland, Oregon and Stoughton.
The Town contracts with the Dane County Sheriff's Department for law enforcement services. Deputies work approximately 20 hours a week.
If an incident occurs that you think is unlawful but not an emergency, please contact the Town (838-1081 ex 201) or the Dane County Sheriff's office (266-9122 or 255-2345) as soon as possible after the incident occurs.
Some reminders from our deputies are:
- Deer are on the move. Drive carefully and watch the roadsides.
- Stop signs require a complete stop. We have recently had more violations involving failure to come to a complete stop.
- Vehicles and/or trailers parked on the side of any road shall not interfere with traffic, impede snow removal efforts, obstruct the line of sight of persons traveling in vehicles on that road, and otherwise create a public safety hazard.
- Dogs are not allowed to run at large.
- Unlicensed vehicles are not allowed to be stored within public view for a period longer than 14 days unless it is in a properly zoned business district.
- It is unlawful for any person to store or permit the storage of junk or waste in a place open to the public view for a period longer than 14 days.
- Open burning of construction material, garbage, trash, or materials that are not readily combustible is prohibited.
Local ordinances are complaint driven.